Endless Crescendo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

The Lonely Blade

Ramen_Is_Good
    Ramen_Is_Good

The Lonely Blade Empty The Lonely Blade

Post  Ramen_Is_Good Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:29 pm

Xondar, peering out over the view of, well, a broad metallic field, and sighed to himself. It was sunny that day, and it felt nice out, but there was just nothing to do. So, he sat to himself and thought - about the universe, food, bunnies, loneliness, and anything else that came to mind. Lazily, he sat trying to think of things to do, hoping that something would just fall into his lap. On his right sat his double blade sword, fierce, and sharp looking, and on his left he held up his hand, fidgeting with some metal he took from the ground, honing his skills. This was going to be a long day.

Last edited by Ramen_Is_Good on Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Steam Mage
    Steam Mage

The Lonely Blade Empty Re: The Lonely Blade

Post  Steam Mage Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:48 pm

In the distance, a brown haired male could be seen. Behind him, a black motorcycle rested. Bestial ears hung prominently from the sides of his head. "Excuse me.." he asked a random person, who seemed to ignore him. ".. Can I interest you in.." he started, trying to get another person's attention. A forced smile seemed to spread across his face, and it was obvious that he was in need of something.
    Ramen_Is_Good
    Ramen_Is_Good

Post  Ramen_Is_Good Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:16 pm

Xondar turned around, face cloaked in darkness, and looked at him. Deciding that it would help appease his boredom, he decided he would answer the call. He stood up to full height, and peered at the man and asked, "What do you want?"
    Steam Mage
    Steam Mage

Post  Steam Mage Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:48 pm

The man let out a sigh of relief. "Was starting to think that I was a ghost." he said, yawning a bit. He seemed to reach into his back pocket, pulling out a contract. "I'm in a bit of a predicament.." he said, scratching his chin a bit.
    Ramen_Is_Good
    Ramen_Is_Good

Post  Ramen_Is_Good Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:00 pm

Xondar took the contract and read over it carefully to see what it said and asked, "What exactly is your predicament? What do you want?" He set it down and looked into the eyes of the man, even though his own face was shrouded in shadows.
    Steam Mage
    Steam Mage

Post  Steam Mage Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:04 pm

"Well, you see..something may have gotten away from our..our..super secret fun base." The man said. It was obvious that he came up with such a name on the spot. "In any case, feel like tracking it down for me? It's not hard to miss. Just look for something..not normal." he said, coughing a bit and leaning back onto his bike.
    Ramen_Is_Good
    Ramen_Is_Good

Post  Ramen_Is_Good Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:10 pm

Xondar looked at him weird and shrugged, then he finally said, "Yeah, sure. Nothing around here is normal, though. Nothing. Next time, you should come up with your fake story before you actually talk to the person you're requesting help from. What does this thing look like and where should I look for it?"
    Steam Mage
    Steam Mage

Post  Steam Mage Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:13 pm

"Uh..it.." he seemed to stop. He started scratching his chin, as though trying to think of a way to explain it. "..It..looks like..me..but..uhm.." he crossed his arms. "It looks like me, but..black..er." he said. Obviously his method of explaining was lacking.
    Ramen_Is_Good
    Ramen_Is_Good

Post  Ramen_Is_Good Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:15 pm

"Yeah, right... I guess I'll head... this way?" He said, pointing off in a random direction, because he didn't know where to go. "Which way did your, er, doppelganger head off to?"
    Steam Mage
    Steam Mage

Post  Steam Mage Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:16 pm

The man sighed. "Uh.." he started, pointing up. "Just..shoot down anything in the sky that looks like me." he said, facepalming.
    Ramen_Is_Good
    Ramen_Is_Good

Post  Ramen_Is_Good Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:21 pm

"Well, if you say so." Xondar got up, and walked past the weird man and walked away. He stayed alert as he walked around, looking for whatever this thing was, and clung his weapon to his side. He dropped the metal he was messing around with in his pouch on his side, so he could use it when he needed it. He kept walking in the direction opposite of the man, and made sure he payed special attention to the air, to see if he could find any black thing flying against the colors of the sky. "What a weird man... I sure hope this is worth it. At least I'm not bored now."
    Steam Mage
    Steam Mage

Post  Steam Mage Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:25 pm

The man sighed. "That's one thing I can check off Priscilla's list.." he said, dusting himself off. "..Wait, he took my contract." he said, squinting a bit. He sighed, glancing towards the other side of the street.
    Ramen_Is_Good
    Ramen_Is_Good

Post  Ramen_Is_Good Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:28 pm

He kept walking lazily along, sort of out of focus when he suddenly remembered that he didn't return the contract, he only took it and acted like he was interested and reading it. "Well, shit. Now what do I do?" Without crinkling it, he rolled it up, and put it into a sleeve on the inside of his jacket. He looked back where the man was and decided he didn't feel like walking it back to him, so he kept going on his way, but paying more attention so he doesn't get jumped.
    Steam Mage
    Steam Mage

Post  Steam Mage Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:32 pm

In the distance, perched on a pole that seemed to go up for about 7 meters, a humanoid creature reminiscent to the man who Xondar had just finished talking to stood. Black, bat-like wings seemed to rest happily on it's back. It didn't seem to move.
    Ramen_Is_Good
    Ramen_Is_Good

Post  Ramen_Is_Good Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:37 pm

Xondar squinted his eyes and peered into the distance at the black thing. "This better be it." After a while, he closed the distance between him and it, and gripped his weapon tightly, and made sure he had easy access to his metal bag. He stood about 15 meters away from the pole and looked at the thing on top. Bringing his hand out and motioning it towards the pole, he made a gesture with his hands and two, sharp, spear like poles jutted out from opposite sides on the central pole. The poles made an angle, and both lunged for a stab at the black thing.
    Steam Mage
    Steam Mage

Post  Steam Mage Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:41 pm

As this happened, the creature seemed to melt away into a puddle of black liquid, slowly dripping down the pole. The puddle didn't seem to move, save for an occasional gurgling sound that seem to emanate from it.
    Ramen_Is_Good
    Ramen_Is_Good

Post  Ramen_Is_Good Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:43 pm

Dismantling the pole piece by piece, Xondar took small pieces and had them fashioned into sharp looking stakes. Each of those flew through the air and went straight to the puddle to impale it.
    Steam Mage
    Steam Mage

Post  Steam Mage Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:45 pm

The puddle seemed to jut upwards, jettisoning itself high into the air somehow. Wings seemed to erupt from it. Suddenly, it hissed, attempting to crash into Xondar.

In the distance, a roar could be heard, followed by the flapping of wings. In the sky, if Xondar was paying attention, another one of the creatures would be seen, preparing to dive bomb him.
    Ramen_Is_Good
    Ramen_Is_Good

Post  Ramen_Is_Good Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:50 pm

Blood, blood, blood, this thing has to have blood I can use against it He thought to himself. He couldn't see it, but he heard it. He heard a loud roar somewhere, which made him worry a little. He had to finish this one quickly. He brought his hand up to try and find any kind of metal within the beast and bring it to the ground so he can quickly subdue it and turn his attention to whatever else was coming at him. If this didn't work, he would bring up his weapon and cleave the thing in two horizontally, while also dashing to the right side of it, so he can see it, and to see what is coming after him now.
    Steam Mage
    Steam Mage

Post  Steam Mage Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:52 pm

The one that had jutted into the air quickly crashed to the ground, hissing violently. It seemed to be having great troubles in regards to getting up off the ground.

In the sky however, the one from above made it's attempt to dive bomb Xondar, letting out a vile hiss as it darted towards him.
    Ramen_Is_Good
    Ramen_Is_Good

Post  Ramen_Is_Good Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:55 pm

Damn, these things are pretty susceptible to magnetism... From within his bag, all of the metal came flying out into the air straight at the dive bombing one. Instead of trying to impale the thing, he magnetized all of them, so once the thing goes through a field of them it will get cut up and its trajectory will be thrown off. He lifted the other one off of the ground and, using his powers, threw it at the one that was flying into a magnetic field.
    Steam Mage
    Steam Mage

Post  Steam Mage Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:58 pm

The one that was falling into the magnetic field's wings seemed to completely fall apart, raining down in a hail of mercury. Then, the first one collided with it. The two of them seemed to meld together as this happened, but otherwise, they were harmless- caught in the magnetic field.
    Ramen_Is_Good
    Ramen_Is_Good

Post  Ramen_Is_Good Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:03 pm

"Well, uh, that was easy." He said, only barely sweating. From the surroundings, he drew up metal and formed a protective ball around the things, whatever they were. He made sure to keep it magnetized, so they wouldn't escape from it. He walked back to the spot where he met the man, and made sure the ball didn't come into contact with anything else metal, because that would pick it up.
    Steam Mage
    Steam Mage

Post  Steam Mage Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:07 pm

In the distance, the man could be seen sitting down on his motorcycle. A Book rested on his lap, and he seemed to be holding a pen in one hand, and a clipboard in the other. "Atatata.." he muttered to himself, squinting a bit. "This is cutting it kind of close without the gargoyles.."
    Ramen_Is_Good
    Ramen_Is_Good

Post  Ramen_Is_Good Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:12 pm

"Hey, you! Guy! I found your, uh, things. They're in this sphere I made to detain them, so they wouldn't get away. You can have it, but, it's magnetized right now, and I take off that, it'll be pretty heavy, unless you can manage carrying it. What do you want with it. Xondar was getting tired of holding this thing, but he waited until the guy told him to do something.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 5:43 pm